Monday, January 30, 2012

gender neutral nursery...hopefully.

My idea for a gender neutral nursery was to go with an outdoor theme. I had some ideas, but wasn't sure how it would look once it all came together. My ideas began to change as I went, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

The room before...our closet...surprisingly those are not my clothes.;)

july11_5

after..the nursery.

nursery2

nursery1

the hanging duck isn't in it's place yet...but will eventually be hanging somewhere in that area.

nursery3

The thrift store painting I painted over..inspiration for the room. $5.00

nursery15

Rocker found in Grandmother's attic-$0.00
Fabric to recover cushion-$ don't remember price:)

nursery14

Blue side table ..Grandmother's $0

nursery13

Covered paper boxes in dark green burlap-$ cheap

nursery12

handmade curtains $3.99/yard

nursery10

Up close shot of fabric

nursery11

Duck found at antique store $5.00. Thought it would work great as a mobile.

nursery9

My attempt at a gallery wall...on a very uneven wall so the pictures are rarely all straight at the same time. The blank area is going to have a yarn covered letter of the first name of the baby...I went ahead and bought both letters, but am waiting to see what we have. I love not knowing!

nursery4

I'm not sure how I feel about this deer. I wanted one like this, but couldn't make myself pay $15.00 for pieces of cardboard. I looked up how to make your own and found this. I found the frame in my parent's attic and spray painted doilies with metallic gold paint to use as a backdrop. It will do for now;)

nursery5

Framed some fabric I had that I stamped a Bible verse on. $0

nursery6

Framed some 4x6 pictures I took. Had the frames... $.67

nursery8

Bought this lamp at a yard sale for $1.00. Added a shade I already had that I covered in leftover fabric from the curtains.

nursery7

I'm sure you were wondering where in the world we put all the stuff that comes along with a baby...

nursery16

I know it's different but I really like it...especially how much it cost to complete;)

1 comment:

Follow Me on Pinterest