Tuesday, October 18, 2011

neutral nursery


Well, we are 23 weeks along in this pregnancy and time is flying by. We decided not to find out the sex of our baby after talking with many couples who waited. Their stories of that moment when the baby was delivered were all so special and exciting. We decided that we wanted that moment of surprise at the hospital after 9 long months. So, gender neutral nursery it is!
I'll be honest, I'm really not into the gender neutral things out there. I'm not really into "baby-decor" at all actually..like ducks and cartoons. I want most everything in the nursery to be able to be used as the child grows older or placed somewhere else in the house. I am such a tomboy still that most of the things I'm drawn to tend to be on the boyish side, even though I'm pretty sure we're having a girl.

I decided to do an outdoor theme. I found this picture below at a thrift store. I took a picture of it and doctored it on photoshop (brightened and smudged). I then painted over the entire image referring back to the photoshop image which is below. I have yet to take a picture of the finished piece but I really like how it turned out. This was the inspiration for the room.




Crib from IKEA has caught my eye. Love the simple lines and natural wood...and affordable price of course.


thinking blue gingham fabric for curtains


we have an old rocking chair we plan to use


thinking a fabric like this or either a yellow print for chair cushion




multi-colored fabric rugs from K Mart... bought 4 that I plan to sew together







thinking of making a mobile with fish and birds out of different fabrics.


As you can see there's a lot of mixing and matching going on and perhaps a little on the boyish side. I may change some things as I go if it looks ridiculous. It's hard to tell until everything is in place, and I can always add some girlish things in once we have confirmation. I'm trying to keep myself in check with decorating the room when it comes to spending money and time on it because ultimately that stuff isn't important, but it is a fun way to be creative;)

1 comment:

  1. Love your ideas! How exciting you guys aren't finding out. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest