Thursday, January 5, 2012

hawks & must reads

I've been a little obsessed with hawks lately. I actually called them eagles for awhile because I wasn't used to seeing birds so big, so I naturally assumed it was an eagle, but Jack quickly corrected me;)  I became obsessed with them when I started reading One Thousand Gifts. The Lord definitely used this book in a huge way with me. I began to see things differently and give thanks for the small, mundane things that are normally taken for granted. "Faith is always a way of seeing, a seeking for God in everything". I was going for a walk one day and saw a hawk in the tree above me and the beauty and awe of it made me stop. The Lord had to have been working on me because normally I wouldn't think twice about this bird, but I saw His beauty through a hawk and right there gave thanks. It's unreal how much we all have to be thankful for if we look through His eyes.
I've started keeping my eye out for the hawks when I'm outside. It's fills me up when I see them. There are a couple that I see in the same spots every time, and I try to get as close as I can before they see me and fly away (I'm aware that I sound like a kid and am sure I get weird looks by people passing by).
One day recently I was walking to go inside when I happened to look up and saw this...

nov4_27

nov4_34

nov4_32

It was amazing...I was ecstatic and beyond words. There were so many! I grabbed my camera and tried to capture what I was seeing. I've never seen that many hawks at one time, and they happened to be right over our house. I knew it was a gift from above. He loves us so much.

 Must Reads:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest