Friday, May 27, 2011

randomness

One of the things I was most excited about when getting married was starting new traditions. Crazy weird ones. We don't have too many right now and the ones we do have are pretty normal - like going to cut down a Christmas tree. However, a couple of weeks ago we decided to start a new one. We built a fire to "shred" some of our personal documents we needed to get rid of. It was nice because it happened to be a really cold night in the middle of May. We decided to roast hotdogs and just make a night out of it;) So our new  "Have a fire, roast hotdogs, and burn personal documents on the last cold night before summer" tradition was born. :)

May2_0

May2_1


In other news, I've been up to a lot of projects lately that still need completing.

I did finish painting our kitchen. I went with a bright, golden yellow. I felt like going crazy with it. It's hard to get a feel for the real color from my pictures.

May2_11

May2_12

I painted our bathroom the exact color I said I wouldn't, but I really like it.

May2_13

I'm trying to get a few projects to a presentable state...

so many things you can do with pallets.

May2_9

the gutted record player. we're getting there slowly but surely.

May2_5

this is going to be some random wall art when finished.

May2_6


I haven't been giving too much attention to my garden. Just watering everyday if I remember and occasionally pulling some weeds. I'm pleasantly surprised at how it's doing so far.

this is a cute little green bean. It's about the size of a fingernail.

May2_14

bell peppers

May2_15

onion...not sure when you know when these are ready for picking.

May2_16

by biggest and best producer...yellow squash.

May2_17

cantaloupe

May2_18

I actually planted a few seeds from a cantaloupe we bought and within a week or so it had sprouted and is doing better than most of the seeds I bought in a package. I don't think the garden is going to be as fruitful as I had imagined, but hopefully it will save us a few dollars this summer.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest